Below are some useful resources that the County of San Diego has developed to show what Best Management Practices could help protect your property from rain events.
- ReadySanDiego.org's Flooding Preparation
- Free Sand and Sandbags for Unincorporated Areas –
- Be sure to call the location ahead of time for hours of operation and resource availability.
- Watch the instructional video: “You’ve Got Your Sandbags, Now What?”
- Project Clean Water's Rainy Season Checklist
- Commercial Facility Rainy Season Preparation
- Industrial Facility Rainy Day Preparation
- Capture and use rainfall by harvesting rainwater
- Manage your irrigation practices carefully by Understanding Your Irrigation Controller